Thursday, February 1, 2018

Week 2 Overview of Social Media

     I believe that Facebook is gear toward more of a personal use rather then business use. Facebook mainly used to keep into with friends and family. When I use Facebook, I use it to connect with long distance family. I believe Facebook was made to be geared toward staying connected with people. Although businesses can use Facebook for practical reason, I think it is mostly geared toward personal use.

    Linkedin is a really good social media platform that tons of businesses use. It is a great way to get a very good idea of the person you are going to hire or do business with. Linkedin is a great way to get your name out there and also expand your business. Most applicants will include their Linkedin profile link on their application in order for the employer to look it over.

     I believe twitter and Instagram are geared for both business and personal use. With the amount of people on these two platforms businesses can promote their products or messages to everyone. Both are great for exposure and getting your message out there. Also Instagram you are able to contact businesses or pages for businesses inquiries.   

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan! I totally agree with you about Facebook. I've always thought of Facebook as a far more personal social media site. I had, however, completely forgotten about Linkdin! Linkedin is obviously a buisness oriented social media platform that is highly effective. So glad you pointed that out. I don't think, however, that it works as well from a marketing standpoint. It seems to be mostly for networking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually disagree with Facebook being more for personal use. I believe it can be used in both ways. You can make a business Facebook page on Facebook and people can leave reviews and see what your business is all about. I do see it from your standpoint also. I do believe people can use it for personal use to get in touch with friends and family. I have actually never heard of Linkdin, so I think that is neat that you said that. I learned something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Facebook is great for personal use and I believe that’s what it was originally designed for but I think it has evolved into so much more now and it has so many other elements than just for personal use. I agree with you that LinkedIn is a great platform for business and I think it’s one of the few that was created for business purposes and it’s a great social media for networking with professionals. Instagram is my favorite social media so I concur that it’s great for both personal and business use and Twitter seems to be used by many people so it’s a good networking and current information resource to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jordan, I relate to your opinion of Facebook being used mostly for personal use. When I find myself on their site, I never do much more than post photos, or to keep in touch with long distance friends as well. For the business platform, I too used LinkedIn as my main source. I think it is the most common, and practical platform that best fits this category. Your final paragraph mentioning Twitter and Instagram is spot on. I think they are the most accessible of the platforms, as well as carry a larger audience in general. Really nice writing, and ideas on your blog post. I'm excited to read more of what you have to say as the class goes on! :)

    ReplyDelete

week 5: 1- target market

The first thing I noticed when comparing the two diaper websites is justcheapdiapers.com is focused on how low cost the diapers are. Whereas...