Thursday, February 15, 2018

Week 4

One of the websites I saw that had a few problems was jamilin.com. I think the layout looks too crammed together. The design has all the information and links small and too close to each other. Also at first glance of their website I didn't even know what they were selling. The first thing I would do to improve their website would be take out the blank spaces on the sides and expand the information and links out. That way it would be easier to read and look more spread out. I would have what the website is selling a lot bigger and in your face. Another website that could use a little work would be gatesnfences.com. This website use very small front that could be tough for some people to read. Also some of the color schemes make it tough to read certain words. I think if they changed the format of the website and made it more inviting and not so dull it could help.

A couple websites I think did a good job are apple.com and nps.gov. Apple.com is great because it is simple and easy to navigate. Their website looks clean and you can tell it was put together very well. The home screen is simple yet has everything you need to access whatever apple need you have. Nps.gov is another one that is simple and easy to navigate. the opening page is nice and inviting. It is easy to find what you are looking for. This website does a good job at displaying their message. The design is very inviting and simple on both of these websites. It was easy to find what you are looking for. I believe that is important concept to have when making a website.

2 comments:

  1. I also visited the Gatesnfences website and I agree that the font could be changed to make it easier to read and they should update the format to be more inviting and pleasing to view and accessible. I also agree with you that the Apple website is a great website to visit and its correctly composed so that its easily navigated and inviting for the customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way about Jami Lin's website. I had a hard time just trying to figure out what was being promoted. It was painfully cluttered. Apple's website was definitely clean and I agree, very easy to navigate. I also liked the nps.gov website. I would expect a government website to be well put together as such.

    ReplyDelete

week 5: 1- target market

The first thing I noticed when comparing the two diaper websites is justcheapdiapers.com is focused on how low cost the diapers are. Whereas...